Missing Enable Track operation in PLE (12.0.40)

Hi,
I didn’t check this in previous build (12.0.30), but after update to 12.0.40 I realize that PLE have lost something or maybe it’s normal and described before situation.

So loading factory presets where are actions to the tracks, I see Enable Track operation, but it’s not listed in the list of available options. This means that I cannot create my own presets with this operation.

Secondly, if you look on this picture, this and some other presets have this operation, but action is Select, so Event Transform Actions are disabled. Does it mean that Enable Track action isn’t available anymore and enabling/disabling tracks is available only in Post-Process command list?

P.S. After update to 12.0.40 factory presets did perform only once, then should load them again. I did remove whole Cubase 12_64 folder in Roaming/Steinberg folder, then start Cubase, it created everything it needs and PLE factory presets now are working as expected, but Enable Track operation still not available.

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Safe mode - all the same.
This update did strange - it uninstalled previous version, then stopped installation process. I it ran again and then installation process started. When I downloaded update, DM told that there is error, but I tried to start it and it ran. AFAIK exe file cannot start if checksum is wrong as it might be if download wasn’t successful, right? Should I download again and reinstall?

So after download I get this.
Directory is okay. Now trying to download again.

Redownloaded and reinstalled - all the same. Enable Track option is hidden and existing Enable Track option in presets doesn’t work - doesn’t enable track.

As you see in first image, I used preset “Enable All Disabled Tracks”, unchecked Post-Process command, changed action to Transform and then have Event Transform Actions enabled for modifications.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

1 Like

Is this have been solved ?

It’s reported. I suppose there are a ton of other issues in a row so be patient! Every new software needs a time to get closer to success :wink:

I think this might be a change they made intentionally, because we didn’t lose any functions, just the way to get to them.

Exactly! But these are functionality features that makes Cubase more pleasant. Of course I can do my tasks by going through 100 tracks and enable/disable some of them. This is the same as I can write score on paper rather than run Dorico and spend hours to setup it and fight with annoying things. So all depends. This is century of annoying things. Imagine you are Mozart’s assistant in 2022. He will kill you with a pencil. But we are fired up to pay for Steinberg employee’s life just to have ability to play with our time not reaching things we need. Life is very interesting game. You cannot predict when you will die, but you always hope that next update of Cubase will be better :smiley:

Are you saying you cannot enable or disable multiple tracks using PLE and Post-process commands?

Exactly!
As you see in upper messages - the list of operations doesn’t have option “Enable track” even it is in stored presets.

Even more, @steve!
You mentioned post-process commands. Yes, they works, but they works despite any condition but I need to enable/disable after conditions are met, not just post-process in any way. It means “Enable if disabled”, but not “switch if selected”.

So for now if I execute your preset “Enable All Disabled Tracks” once, it works of course, because even conditions are met or not, the post-process enable/disable just switches property. But on second execution of the same preset when all tracks are enabled, but those disabled are selected, it just disables them back (but the name of preset is “enable all disabled”). Then it switches property on every next hit. So the post-process then works on selected tracks and it doesn’t take in account that there are conditions. So in my view post-process list is secondary. For the workflow we love to work in we just need correct execution of actions after conditions are met. PLEASE!!!

And there are more inaccuracies:

1. in this preset we see that there is “Audio / Disable/Enable Track”, but it works on MIDI tracks too. So if it is for any track, then should omit the prefix “Audio”.

While typing I forget others, but they are. I will add them later. I don’t have much time to test. Do you have beta testers for Cubase or all they are in vacation last few years? It seems that many things are going wrong but as a compensation there are just new features added also not always perfectly finished. I would like to have finished C12.

After 9 months of using C12 I still feel that C11 was the best version. Is it a business technology not to finish one product and offer next just to let users feel “maybe there will be fixed all bugs”? It’s a bad business, you know. Better would be to finish C12 to brilliant state (working two/three years) and then put all forces to make C13 even powerful and more different. And you will have your users for ever if you finish each project.

Now we have at least 8 last versions that are all the same + additional bugs and additional features as a compensation, but we pay every year just as loyalty tax. We still can compose with Cubase 7 and earlier versions. They were not bad. Hans Zimmer was working with C5 for very long time. His award winning projects were made with C5.

I’m aware of that we won’t be able to use C11 later when all plugins will be turned into new activation system even there is dongle attached. So PLEASE make at least C12 the same good as C11 is.

I would like to pay additional 99 euros just to have C12 finished and not going to C13 because of growing system requirements every new version. They are small, but annually significant.

1 Like

Try using Select instead of Transform.

Yes, the command label “Audio / Disable/Enable Track” is wrong so for the time being you can call this a workaround.

The rest of the message has little to do with the original subject, so I’ll close this. For other issues post a single issue in a single post, so it is clear.

Hi,

This is known and already reported issue. Thank you.

3 Likes