Missing files warning using Halion Sonic 3 and Logic Pro X

Hi everyone,

I have just installed Halion Sonic 3 and Halion 6 on my MacBook and found a strange problem: Using Cubase 9, Halion 6 as well as Halion Sonic 3 just work great. Anyhow, when starting Halion Sonic 3 in Logic Pro X there comes a popup message saying the audio files are missing. “Hexagon” seems to be the problematic patch, and in particular “Soundscape 079” used in the patch. Anyhow, using the same patch in Halion 6 and Logic Pro X is flawless.

Does anybody else noticed this? I don’t think this is an installation issue because the problem only affects Halion Sonic 3 in Logic. Halion 6 is running fine, and using Cubase even Halion Sonic does not have the problem :astonished:

Best regards,
Stephan

Found out that it seems to be a permission problem. If the content library is installed using the default path (“/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/HALion/VST Sound”), the mentioned sample library is not available. Even a reinstallation does not fix this … and the library file is present and visible in Finder.

But if I install the content library in the user home (“~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/HALion/VST Sound”) the problem is gone in Logic.

Same problem
missing files after instaling halion 6 FCP_SMT_076_HSSE_Artist_Instrument_Presets_01

Does anybody have found a fix for this?

Regards,
Stephan