Missing flow in Page, but not Gallery View

Hi,

I have two flows that display properly in Gallery view, but only the first flow displays in Page view. The project was created via an xml import. Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,
David

Is the Flow assigned to the Layout you’re viewing?

Okay, having quit Dorico 3.5.1 and relaunched it, both flows appear in Page AND Gallery.

Thanks for the reply.

This has happened to me too. Going to try relaunching but thought I’d post a screenshot for the sake of bug testing…

You’d need to provide the project itself, not a picture, for us to be able to look into this and see what might be going on.

I tried too but exceeds forum limitation. send to you via email?

relaunching fixed the issue btw

Best
Edd

If the issue isn’t reproducible, there’s sadly no point.

Hmm - ok, I’ll let you know if it happens again.

Ah Dan - happening every time now. I relaunch the file -all is there in page view. Then I go into galley view. I don’t even need to anything - when I switch back to page view either by shortcut (I’ve set shift-') or by clicking on an item and changing to engrave mode (my original action) then I’m presented with a good number of missing flows.

Shall I send file to info@? I’m running 4.2.0.1092 btw - didn’t want to upgrade in the middle of a deadline

Best
Edd

Have you tried saving a version with the Silence playback template applied? That often reduces the file size.

Messe de Minuit silenced.dorico.zip (1.6 MB)

Good to know, here you go :slight_smile:

Your MA Frame Chain has only some flows ticked.

At the point at which you exclude a flow using this filter, Dorico assumes that you’re going to handle things manually: if you subsequently add flows to the layout, Dorico won’t automatically tick them. I’m not sure whether this is desirable behaviour but it’s how it’s always worked (and is analogous to the way frames are handled in the case of page overrides).

1 Like

Ah yes good point I’d forgotten I’d done that in my “Full Score” layout - now, why is it happening in my “Full Score working” layout? (I made this layout to see if it would fix this issue)

Because they use the same Page Template Sets and thus the same MA frame chain.

Ah hah! Thanks Leo - gold star as always. That’s what I get for changing the default template instead of making a new one.

One nagging thought though - why does relaunching the app “fix” it (i.e show the whole lot in page view)? Is this itself a bug?

If it is a bug, it’s not one I can replicate in 4.3 (or at least not without further instructions).

The file you uploaded loads in Play mode. If I switch to Write mode it’s in Galley View. If I switch to Page View it respects the frame chain flow filter.

I tried resaving in Page View, quitting Dorico and reloading, and it still respects the frame chain flow filter. I also tried opening this resaved file in a much earlier build of Dorico (4.0.31) and it still respects the frame chain flow filter.