Missing FX but still working

Hi, not my problem but I have been part of the discussion and cannot understand the situation at all. So what is going on:
Cubase 12, Windows platform, inserted FX from Pulsar into audio track. Made some recordings. Closing project. Reopening it after some time. The Pulsar FX insert slot has been shown with the exclamation marks what stands for “missing plug-in”. The plug-in module has not been listed in the VST Plug-in Manager list (I put the question for this). So the insert’s presentation is correct. But the user says the FX is processing the signal even its control panel cannot be opened and even the plug-in is not listed in plug-ins list.

I am sure this is not possible state because the logic is completely out then​:grin::grin:any hint or possible reasons? Or what to ask the user for to determine what has been wrong?

Thanx for any response.

Pavel

Hi,

Hasn’t the plug-in been disabled in the Plug-in Manager by any chance?

Wasn’t there any plug-in update in the mean time?

Hi Martin, thnx for response. According to your 2nd question I will ask him.

What do you mean by “disabled plug-in”? Just to be sure about the proper terminology…

Thnx, Pavel

Hi,

In the VST Plug-in Manager, you can click the plug-in name. Show VST Plug-in Information, where you can Show/Hide the plug-in. (Sorry, wrong therminology from my side.)

Yup - I suppised you got on your mind this checkbox :slight_smile: as I wrote abowe - i had already put the question at the beginning and the answer was NO, the plug-in was not hidden and even that it should have been listed there, only in dark grey.

Anyway this does not lead to such this behaviour as I tried to simulate this on my comp.

Still waiting for the second reply from that user.

P.

Hi,

Is he using Custom plug-in Collection or the default one?

So no actualization had been done - neither on OS side nor on the plug-in itself.

As I know the user a bit I suppose there is Default collection used but will post here the confirmation (if any).

P.

Hi,

Is the plug-in in the blocklist by any chance?

He will check tommorow and will let me know.

He is using the Default collection so no User defined takes place.

P.

1 Like

As I got the info from the user, everything had been solved by reinstallation of the plug-in. Thus I suppose something had been wrong in the module.

P.

1 Like