Missing Groove Agent SE VST files

Hi,

I’m using iMac, OS 12, CB Pro 11

Some of my instruments and midi presets in Groove Agent appear as ‘missing’. When I double click on them, the ‘Locate/Ignore/Remove’ message comes up. However, when I go to the location where the files are supposedly not, they are in fact there. So I hit ‘locate’ and go to the address where the missing VST file supposedly isn’t, find it and open the file. Problem solved. Accept that when I open up another instant of Groove Agent, Groove Agent has again forgotten where the VST file is and the process has to be repeated again.

I have no idea why this is happening.

Part II

As previously noted, I was missing some of my instrument and midi presets in Groove Agent 5 and Grove Agent 5SE - they would appear as ‘missing’. I eventually isolated these to the Allan Morgan Signature Drums and the Rock Pop Tool Box.

I could load the kits. However, if I tried to select an instrument or midi preset from the load panel, all the presets in these two collections appear with red stop signs. If I double click one of those presets, the ‘Locate/Ignore/Remove’ message would come up. However, when I go to the location where the files are supposedly not, they are in fact there. So I would hit ‘locate’ and go to the address where the missing VST file supposedly wasn’t, find it and open the file. Problem solved. Except that when I opened up another instance of Groove Agent, Groove Agent has again forgotten where the VST file was and the process had to be repeated again.

The two files that were supposedly missing were:
FCP_SMT_759_GASE_Rock_Pop_Toolbox_Drums_SP.vstsound
FCP_SMT_758_GASE_AM_Drums_SP.vstsound

Initially there was a difference between where the Library Manager thought the files were and the location that Cubase and Groove Agent suggested I look for them. However, after changing the location in the Library Manager this made no difference. The 758 and 759 vstsound files were still “missing”.

After much frustration moving files back and forth from different folders, I again downloaded the VST folders from the Download Assistant only this time, instead of going to Groove Agent to select the files, I went to the Updates, chose VST Sounds and then the Allan Morgan and Rock Pop folders.

When I reopened Cubase, it told me that 759, 758 as well as 122 and 153 were missing. Previously, I was able to ‘locate’ these missing files but this time I wasn’t so I had to hit ‘ignore’. However, when Cubase opened and I opened Groove Agent, the previously missing instrument and midi presets were no longer missing.

I think it is all working now.