Missing new lines (Dorico 3.1)

No judgement at all from me! The output here looks good, so let’s go one step closer. If you don’t already run Homebrew on your Mac, which you very probably don’t unless you’re into software development or make heavy use of the Terminal, please install that:

There’s a command string in the middle of that page for you to copy and paste into the Terminal. I promise it’s safe!

Once Homebrew is installed, install LCDF Typetools with the following command in the Terminal:

brew install lcdf-typetools

This will take a few seconds to install. Finally, use the otfinfo tool installed as part of the Typetools package to verify the version of Bravura installed:

otfinfo -v /Library/Fonts/Bravura.otf

Hopefully the output will be a single line:

Version 1.32

Output was exactly like that. Yet those lines are still missing in Dorico.
Brew Bravura.jpeg

Bernardo, just to check: are the lines missing in every project file, including a brand new empty one you create from the Hub?

I beg your pardon if this was an obvious thing to see at first. I didn’t look for it.

Indeed, every new project from the hub, templates or empty new, does have ALL the lines. Is with my older project files where those lines dissappear.

I didn’t see them because I have done some “template” project files of my own, and open them for every new project I have but not from scratch… I guess I’ll be replacing my old templates for new ones.

I think this (finally!) solves the question. I appreciate very much all your help and attention. Greetings from Mexico City.

Well, that in itself is very interesting. Can you please zip up and attach one of your templates in which the lines don’t appear so we can take a look at it? It should be possible to create lines in projects created in any version of Dorico, including older ones.

Absolutely. Here is a ZIP with one of my templates and a file based on it.
Sample files missing lines.zip (1.15 MB)

At last the mystery is solved, and I feel like an idiot for not solving it weeks ago. The problem is that the Petaluma font doesn’t contain some of the glyphs that are used for lines that feature repeated symbols, like wiggles and wavy lines. We are planning to add these symbols to Petaluma in due course, but they’re not presently included. I’m very sorry that it’s taken us this long to figure it out.

You? No, I feel like an idiot for not state clearly from the beginning that I was working almost exclusively with Petaluma and not Bravura. I only hope all this mistery can be of some help for you, guys.

¡Muchas gracias, Daniel!