Missing ports/Map always.Not in doc.What is it for?

Hello,

On loading a project if you on other soundcard (or midi) than the project, you getting a Missing port window where you can remap your project.
There is a checkbox called “Map Always”. I can’t find any info about it in the documentation, but I assume that since you check the box, cubase save it to preferences and since than all projects that has old ports remapped automatically to new settings.
But not that happening :slight_smile:

So my question is that, what is it for ?

(some info is on page 50, and 27 on pending connections, but no more)

Thanks in advance,
Vick

I have looked at your references in the manual and here is an educated guess…
Perhaps the “map always” is a project setting that only affects that project. For example, if you are transferring a project back and forth between two different systems many times, you don’t have to remap every time. I believe the VST connections are saved within each project file, not globally.
J.L.

Tick map always, then save (Did you do that?) the project. That should also save the “global remapping” that´s how it works in C4 and C5 IIRC

I assumed this too, but not.
Between the studio and me it’s common all the time.

And yes, I think that connections saved with project file.
But cubase should save your "map always’’ connection replacement,

Like this on loading project
If connections source=digidesign 002 in ANY project file since than
than remap connections source to RME FF.

So connections saved with projects, but cubase with always map tick should know this replacement.
Of course I have saved project, many many times.

My older projects with Hamerfall to firefacve is problem all the time also.
At every project I must remap by “hand” : mean going to connections when projects loaded, and load my previously saved setup there, not selecting right at pending connections of course, )

Regards,
VIck

Tick map always, then save (Did you do that?) the project. That should also save the “global remapping” that´s how it works in C4 and C5 IIRC[/quote]

I have done it many manyyyyyy times…
Yes, this global remapping the correct name for it, it think:-)

And when I load the next project from the studio, it’s pending AGAIN.
Saved project is ok of course.

Thanks,
Vick