Mix Console Bug: Trying to load plug into groups

what do you think turned it on? …some magic…?
I guess you clicked through all the buttons… just to try it out…

we discussed some other problems recently, where people import audio with wrong sample rates, they just didn’t read the warning message at the first attempt and set the warning to “don’t show again”
so warnings get ignored by the average user from time to time, just introduce some hassle for the advanced user and providing just another customization option makes it even more complicated as it already is

a plugin that is black along with plugins that are colored could be a visual hint to a user…

You just arent getting it…yes I turned it on somehow obviously…but without intent ie I did not consciously do it…I was on a workflow/template study and latency management was not on the agenda…but I must have done it obviously.
That is my point…some people can make honest mistakes in learning but if relating iconography across the program is something you see as a negative then I dont really have anything more to say. A generic disable doesnt mean anything…but a related message/colours/tooltips as in many well developed programs provides access for all levels of skill ie turn it off when intermediate etc…well I would have thought that would be ok; its a simplification and that is the end design goal of any tool.

Ill leave it at that
All the best Steffen.

BTW This is where Cubase could learn from Live. Live has a common anchored status bar that reports all user interactions etc in a dedicated info area that may be turned on/off when learnt . I use it extensively for hardware surfaces and the feedback is simple in python for developers

I don’t… you don’t like the implemented iconography and I just say that it is clear enough

The icons are great…eg the constrain delay…repeated across relevant schema so its concise as per the pics I sent previously is my concern. It does not propagate across the system and has the usual committee based variations in design

Advanced users are often culture blind but that is to be expected…I am guilty of this with other programs for sure

Greyed elements are not related to the parent ie constrain dc…the disabled icn could be simply the constrained icon…

This clearly describes the nature of the state and its relationship ie where to look to fix it.
but I digress…you dont get it and thats fine…

the Live status bar is brilliant and I was able to learn Live much faster than Cubase…and Live is a much more confusing program when first hopping on…the status bar is concise, informative and best of all…easy for users to dismiss when done with learning;

Both are great programs and do their own things…just the ux is well considered for new users in Live

Alles Klar…Hamburg oder Berlin…beider sind gut