Mix console...more mouse clicking..less workflow

I agree they are higher now…to compete with Logic VSTi, the new user market, and inexperienced users who think they can have everything in one box. :mrgreen:

I want Steinberg to focus on work-flow issues that have been lost with C7 and new issues due to this mix console. I want Steinberg to focus on the things that other 3rd parties such as UAD, Waves or NI can’t control. This goes back to key commands, work-flow, and core functions.

Adding a track inside a folder on the project page, and then having to go to the mixer and move it to the proper side takes way too many mouse clicks, and is slowing my workflow greatly.

I want them to fix the obvious C7 bugs, and fix issues that have not even worked in prior Cubase versions. If you don’t think there are any I’m glad to give examples…such as certain key commands.

IMO all this new mix console has done is introduce many new problems that now hopefully will be fixed in the next 2 years before the next version. The mix console concept is great. Just wait until a user can fully integrate UAD or Waves into the console GUI itself and not use the Cubase EQ, compression etc. But this was rushed out the door way too soon. They didn’t even give any key commands for the mix console until this last update. There are GUI problems, sizing issues, and IMO the look is cheap.

If you are a new or casual user, yes, maybe you can overlook all these things. I would have expected C7’s workflow to be closer to C6.5. But for me C7 is slowing me down.

You’ve nailed it!

Great concepts poorly implemented equal mediocre work flow … mediocre at best, that is.

It is clear the C7 mixer is attempting to emulate the Pro Tools mixer … but does so poorly.

FWIW due to the ability to group tracks and hide or show only those tracks with memory key commands, folders are neither needed nor a part of the Pro Tools mixer or edit project page. And, any track can be be in multiple different groups for key command recall or dismissal. See what you want to see when you want to see it instead of flipping views, mousing and scrolling.

I never understood why people get so touchy when other DAWs are mentioned during a discussion. If anything, it is good to point out how other software companies are handling certain workflows, since that helps Steinberg understand what their customers want/look for in a DAW. Competition is good. If anything, it pushes software companies to do better. Don’t reject; embrace!

In any case, I agree that the new Mix Console is a good step forward that needs a lot of refinements. I also would like for Steinberg to focus on core features and workflow, as opposed to new plugins and dooh dahs. I bet the majority of users already have plugins of equal or better quality than those that comes stock in Cubase. Sure, they are trying to keep in business, and that’s why they spend resources on these new plugins. But, at the same time, I can bet that Steinberg can also make workflow improvements just as sexy, if not more (because that’s what the users want). How do I know this? Because you can go to any forum and you will see the same conversation being echoed (more core/workflow improvements, less toys). All we need is a DAW company to actually focus solely on that.

Bump.
I’m disappointed Steinberg didn’t fix this in the last release. But I’m not surprised.

This is all about workflow in this so-called new and improved mixer. For myself the mixer has added many new mouse clicks, and my first post in this thread explains the logic.

Wouldn’t it be nice when you add a track in the project window inside a track folder and it gets added in the proper zone in the mixer?