Mix console- only select tracks in selected group bus channel

Is there any way to configure the mix console so that when you select a group bus channel, it only shows the channels in that bus ?

I’m pretty sure there isn’t. But that would be useful.

That’s a bummer. While the mix console is powerful i finds that my workflow would be faster if I could ‘declutter’ it as much as possible. And for me one of the best ways would be to highlight channels based on group buss. All the other methods leave too many channels up in the mixer, unless you constantly click and un click configuration settings.

The only thing that might be useful is to observe that when you solo a Group Track, all the tracks that are routed to the Group are also soloed.

I tend to color code the Channels by musical purpose (e.g. vocals are different shades of green) which also extends into the Group Channels. Not the same by any measure, but it does help show what goes where. I also try and keep all the Tracks next to each other that are going to the same Group.

Yep that’s currently how I work too and it’s not the end of the world but a few more configuration options would be helpful. But I’ll get by nonetheless. The thing about colouring too is that you have to colour the track name section separately to the track colour which is a bit of a faff. And also you have to do each track individually as far as I can see rather than select all ?

Possibly but often I won’t want the group to be solod though when mixing. It’s ok I can get by I guess.

The thing about colouring too is that you have to colour the track name section separately to the track colour

that depends on how do you colour your tracks and how your settings are

you can change this… if you want

Yeah I’m pretty certain I tried all the different preference options and nothing changed

• Go to mixer
  • Select the group channel you would like to see
  • Press the “channel visibility agent” (located at the top)
  • Select “show channels that are connected to the first selected channel”

You can keybind “show channels that are connected to the first selected channel”

2 Likes

Excellent find :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for this. Cubase usually has a way of doing whatever you need. Very useful. I always wondered why show channels connected to first channel didn’t seem to do anything but i realise why now.

It’s a shame you can’t have it on by default. Ie you have to as you say keybind (assuming you mean create a keyboard shortcut) in order to activate it every time you click on a new group bus.