Approximately 20% of the time, when the MixConsole window is opened with F3, the horizontal zoom level is reset to maximum, showing only 2 or 3 huge channels.
- Create an empty project.
- Add a large number of tracks, say 70 audio tracks.
- Press F3 then Shift+G to zoom all the way out so that the largest possible number of channels are shown in MixConsole.
- Press F3 to close the MixConsole.
- Select any track other than the currently selected one.
- Press F3 to reopen the MixConsole.
- Repeat from step 4.
At some point, at step 6, the MixConsole’s zoom level will change to maximum and show only a couple of channels. Sometimes it takes 10 attempts, sometimes 30. It seems random. But it has been a consistent issue for me for a month now.