mixdown causes Cubase to crash.

Whenever I try to export using Audio Mixdown Cubase crashes.
Thanks.

HP, 64bits, soundcard Babyface.

Hello,

Do you get any error message?

No, there is no message

But I’ve just noticed that I can sometimes export one or some tracks separately ( but it often crashes), it is when I try to export the main audio output that it crashes everytime. It didn’t occur on my previous computer.

Very strange - for me, the only tick box I have checked in the export dialogue box is ‘insert i XML chunk’.

I’m running the same system and interface as you.

Trashing your preferences should fix it. The problem is that the export window stores so many of your preferences (artist, details, etc.) that it will be tedious trying to find the culprit. Your best bet would be to trash prefs and then enable your desired export preferences one by one in the window.

Thanks for your answers.
I have not Preferences to trash, eventhough I hoped, I have not modified anything since the beginning.
Perhaps Cubase 5 is not stable with the new computers .

Just because you haven’t gone under the “Preferences” window doesn’t mean you haven’t modified your settings.

Here’s how: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Preferences

Thanks for your link, I did what they say to do, but it keeps on crashing.

It’s strange because some months ago with the same computer, same soundcard, same version of Cubase, I could export the Audio Mixdown.

Have you maybe a bad plugin, you could try temporarily disabling all your plugin folders by renaming them,

Yes, it perhaps is a plugin.

But I finally understood why it crashes. It only occurs with songs that I did with my previous computer, because apparently, I’m still able to export my new songs! It could be a plugin that I used and doesn’t work with my new system.
Thanks again for your answers.

I have been able to find for 1 song with which instrument it can’t export.
It is a problem with 2 lost Trumpets an instrument of Mystic which induces this.