mixdown (single stereo track) export outside the project ??

This is really basic I know, but can’t rely on my references to Pro Tools or Sonar.

As I mix through a mixing board and record the mix as stereo track in the project, I want to export that single track (and not remix the entire project of course) when exporting.

If I select Export Audio Mixdown, it’s going to be the latter.

If I select Export Selected Tracks and just get that stereo track soloed (all other muted by default), I get the dialog ‘‘do you want to copy or reference the media file’’ which of course is completely irrelevant : all I want is that damn stereo track as WAV (16 or 24 or 32 bit, 44.1Khz), and I want it wherever I need it…

How can I do this ?

no one can answer this one ?

did you go through the export dialog?

I read your post three times but still don’t understand exactly what it is you want to export. What’s confusing is when you say " As I mix through a mixing board and record the mix as stereo track in the project…" Are you using an external mixing board or are you referring to the mixer in Cubase?

In any event, if what you’re trying to do is to simply generate a stereo mixdown of all the tracks that you have in a Cubase project, then just select the (time) range that you want rendered (usually the entire project), type in a filename, and click “Export”. I believe the “Stereo” output channel is selected by default – i.e., you don’t have to manually select any channels.

You can learn more about this stuff on pg. 938 of the manual.

Rob,
I do the same thing as you.
You need to solo the mixed track, route it to a stereo output (main stereo in my case) and then only export to that output. Works here!

Cheers,
Benji

Okay, now I understand. :slight_smile: