Mixed asymmetrical meters - Dorico best practice

Thanks for the ideas, but these don’t address the issue exactly. I am not alternating time signatures; there is no pattern, so there’s nothing to copy and paste. I might have 5/8 5/8 5/8 7/8 7/8 5/8 7/8 7/8 etc., in which adjacent time signatures have different divisions. I do not want to enter “2+3/8” because I don’t need to explain the beat divisions beyond what is expressed with proper beaming. “5/8” is sufficient if the beaming is consistent with the division. Thus, I have to enter “[2+3]/8” when I need 5/8 divided in the reverse of the Dorico default division.

I also know I can hide the time signatures, as I noted in my original post. But If I have to do this for, say, 100 time signatures, it’s very time-intensive. It would seem to me that Dorico could/should (I know, these things are not always as easy as they seem on the back end) know that when you enter “5/8” as a meter, then next enter “[2+3]/8”, there’s no need to show “5/8” again. The meter is already 5/8.

There’s no keyboard shortcut available for hiding time signatures, at least that I can find. A shortcut would at least make it easier to hide a lot of time signatures. Perhaps someone with a solid understanding of how to create a shortcut by editing the JSON file (as in this post) might be able to help.