Mixer issue - channel names disappear

I often get this issue where the channel names on the mixer disappear.

If I close the mixer and reopen, they are there then, but it’s a real pain having to do that, shouldn’t need to.

Does anyone know what the issue is?

1 Like

Hi,

Could you provide more details about your system, please? Are you on Mac or Windows? Which version? What graphic card do you use? Do you have the latest graphic card driver installed? Do you use HiDPI screen(s)?

PC, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, latest drivers, Cubase 11 Pro (latest), not using HiDPI

Hi,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue, please?

Yes, I too would love to see a screen shot.

I’m not sure what is meant by “channel names on the mixer disappear.”

Does it look like this?
c12 576
But if you close then re-open the mix console does it correct itself?
c12 577
I too am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
I have been experiencing this for many years going back many Cubase versions and GeForce versions. I have never persued the issue because a simple close then re-open corrects itself 100% of the time.

The way I get the incorrect behavior is by adding a track once my project is open.

Hi,

Actually I think there is another thread with the very same topic (here). There is a grey area instead of the channel names. It seems, this happens only if Right Zone is shown.

This is exactly the problem.

I’ve only experienced it with Cubase 11, never seen it before on previous versions myself.

Tried it, no difference :frowning:

Looking at the OP in that other thread, it looks like the issue is completely different than what is mentioned here. In the other post, there is nothing about the channel names gone. In that post it appears to be a zoom issue where the graphics are a different size. Again, it’s not at all like dman2014 is describing here.

And zones do not matter. I get the same bad behavior with left/right open and closed.

Again, the only remedy I have found is a close/re-open mix console which corrects this bad behavior 100% of the time. This issue has been on-going for many years going back to at least C9 for myself, and even with a completely different custom built PC, however with both PC’s I did use nVidia. Prior to the GTX1050ti I was using a 750ti with the same issue.

My guess is that it has something to do with nVidia, but not just GTX 1050 Ti,

I have tried your general solution posted, but no difference.

@dman2014 how many video displays are you using? Can you replicate this issue in mix consoles 2,3, and 4 or does this happen in only mix console 1? If you shut down your PC, then re-start, but re-start with just one video display, does this issue happen?

Edit: My next tests would be linking/unlinking the mix consoles to see what happens. Also…testing variations of the left, middle, and right zones for each mix console. The testing, at least for me, gets messy quickly mostly due to recent feature additions with the 3 zones.

I only use one monitor.

Ok. Good to know! That eliminates a lot on my end.

As mentioned prior, it doesn’t appear too many users experience this. In my old post, there wasn’t much feedback either. I’m not sure how to pursue from here?