Mixer pan laggy

Noticing with this last update that the stereo panners on the lower and main mixers have an annoying lag to them.

Not as smooth as they once were.

I just checked on my Windows 8.1 system and sure enough the latest 9.5.20 update adds a laggy latency when grabbing the stereo pans there as well.

I also reverted back to Cubase Pro 9.5.10 on my Mac and the issue is gone.

So this is a real issue.

Please look into this.

So now I’ve tested this problem on Mountain Lion.
The results are the same. Upon first grab of the stereo panner there is a bad lag which isn’t present in Cubase 9.5.10.

I just made a post now regarding the movement of a midi note. It also has that bad lag when you first try to move it. I’m pretty sure this must be related somehow.

Confirmed for the midi notes also. I also found that when having lots of audio edits (multitrack drum quantize) moving of crossfades becomes laggy and sticky as hell. As far as GUI is concerned 9.5.20 is a step back Im afraid.

Now that this was mentioned I notice the weird pan behavior. And, I agree that many things seem to have a newly introduced laggy feel about them too. Blah. :astonished:

But, with so many recent OS, driver and software updates happening, I find it amazing that any of this stuff works together at all. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Ive notices that this update brought back smoothing/aliasing- it can be noticed on the spectrum meters (9.5 and 9.5.1 have more raw lines on the spectrum meters than 9.5.20). Maybe this is one of the causes.

I went bak to 9.5.1 for the time being. However the mixer undo doesnt work. :confused:

Hopefully it will get fixed in the next update.

Interesting observation Janko!

I went back to 9.5.10 as well.

Please investigate this issue Steinberg :slight_smile:

Still present in 9.5.21 update.

Still present in 9.5.30 update :confused: