Mixing console on Windows: cumbersome mouse operation

Waiting for a fix…

So, will this ever be fixed for 10?

Fese, for screen captures I use Greenshot. It’s free and you can see the mouse. Great little product :grinning:.

1 Like

In case this is still a problem for somebody in Cubase 10, just disable the window shadows:
Control Panel → Advanced System Settings → Performance → Settings → remove check from “Show Shadow under windows”

Doesn’t really make a difference here, sadly.
Anyone knows whether that is fixed in 11?

on my computer the problem came back as well or let’s say in the end I think it was just coincidence, so I got more into it and realized that the GUI is shown correctly after moving the window (e.g. the mixer, pool…). So I wrote an application that checks if a cubase window has been opened, moves it by 1 pixel and back. It works great for me, so I wanted to share this application with you. I tested it on Cubase 10 it probably works with other Cubase versions. To find the Cubase windows the application checks the beginings of the window titles. Since those could be different depending on the language and Cubase version I put the list of window-titles in an extra txt-file, that can be easily edited. Here is the link to the software and the source-code since it’s open-source.
https://www.blueingreen-recordings.de/CubaseWindowBorderFIX/

1 Like

I think anyone running Cubase 10.5 would be happy to use this fix. Code looks okay to me, thanks! - but then again I’m not running 10.5 any more. I general I would recommend adding some additional software disclaimers: “software is provided as is” , “without any guarantees”. You have already mentioned “use at your own risk” so that’s good. Anyway thanks again!

This is brilliant! Works perfectly here with 10.5, after changing the text file a bit for the plugin manager windows (but frankly, the real benefit is mainly for the mic console). Thanks!

Thanks for the hint, I added the disclaimers.

Well, I’ll be… just two days after I installed your wonderful little tool, they released 10.5.30 which fixed the issue for me :man_facepalming:

Perhaps they also had a look at the @muggefronc code :slight_smile: ? - Anyways, it is solved finally!

1 Like

haha, but I’m on 10.0.6 and there is no fix. So at least for me (and maybe others on 10.0) it’s still useful :slight_smile:
most important, it’s fixed somehow