moan moan moan

May I complete…

#3 those that use the software, but too stupid to handle this.

#4 those that use the software and expect with one click the complete song is finished.

and - of course! -
#5 those who expect an all-in-one-DAW with millions of features and ready-made loops/samples/plugins/presets…that (preferably) costs nothing.

best regards,
Central(#1)

+#6: Those that are told how to use the program but say they won’t use workarounds. :mrgreen:
#7: Those to whom if it isn’t in the manual or answered by anyone other than a moderator, it can’t be true.

8 those using xp … DUHHH :astonished: :laughing:

Those using a 'nix workstation

10 those wich are named Lengeling.

:laughing:

anyway i just have to get back on topic and have a good moan .
There is a lot of bad vibes on this forum atm and i think the mods need to sort it out .Nearly every topic i see with certain members in is goes off topic with accusations ,arguments and its getting very BORING to see these threads where they just go on and on and on and on and on and on arguing about the same old poop .

GROW UP !

I agree.

The Easter thread was allowed to go on for something like 10 pages. I was part of the lengthy discussion on religion. but only part as I cannot discuss with myself.

Then an Osama is Dead thread was started.

Eckhard has now made the rules clear and no more religious/politics debates will be tolerated. I will respect that and will indulge in such no more.

What is unacceptable IMO is forum members following other forum members around and harassing them regarding their behaviour on the forum. It is up to the Mods to moderate and not by self appointed forum police.

Eckhard has already asked that if anyone has a problem with anything in the forum that they could contact him or other mods. Yet I still see forum members harassing other forum members about their behaviour and as such are clearly ignoring a request by Eckhard and a request by the victim of the harassment to leave him alone. while this behaviour goes on unabated forum harmony will never be restored.

I talked to her about it last night. :laughing:

(I can imagine some stiff moderation will be coming my way soon…)

Drum roll! :laughing:

Well then the people that are involved should all be removed from the forum as these people involved are not the only people on this forum .
we ALL come here for advice and help or pass on knowledge and not to see grown men bickering about where they left their dummies …so i really hope the mods jump on it soon . no one comes here to get drawn in to this crap but if every thread is turning into it then the mods have got a lot of sorting to do . enough is enough paul its a community not a war zone and im not digging at you im just saying ok !

regards
john

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :astonished: :astonished:

This ain’t nuthin compared to some of the bands I’ve been in. :laughing:

ive broke 3 -roland w30’s in live performances .worked out i was spending more than earning so bang went the live gigs :laughing: :laughing:

I agree. I didn’t come here to fight anyone. I have been involved in dome off topic discussions, but I have now respected the Mods call to stop the Off Topic stuff such as religion/Politics.

The Off topic threads have been closed and most of us have moved on. people should not be harassed by other members and that is still occurring. I hope the mods sort it out. But the person who is the victim of the harassement should not be removed from the forum, only the harasser. Surely that is fair?

+1

+1

Without reference to our kind hosts, moderation should begin at the computer keyboard, yes, we may have strong beliefs, and I defend anyone’s right to have them, but when it comes to expressing them, (Voltaire had it right, except that was before Internet Forums, where the rules may preclude such philosophy) we have seen here that some people will go to great lengths to try and change their reader’s minds about those reader’s own strong beliefs, and frankly, we all know that our egos compel us to keep trying despite the chances of winning them over which are slim to none. There are many extremely intelligent members here, but they should remember that they don’t have to prove it constantly. :slight_smile:

Kind of like a bunch of young teens all with electric guitars, trying to jam, and all gradually twisting the knobs to 11… the end result is cr@p which nobody wants to hear. :unamused: Each of them can see that the others are not admiring them anymore because they are now indistinguishable, yet they drone on… and eventually, the parents throw them all out. :blush:

We need to decide what constitutes a moderate limit to our non musical expressions. And more importantly, what is an acceptable variance from the concept of a Music Forum… do certain topics even belong here. The Mods need to post the rules now and then.

We can and should all be friends, as we share common bonds which mere mortals lack :wink: :laughing: :mrgreen: , we just have to make polite allowances for the excesses of others’ notions on occasion. To quote some lyrics from a Canadian hero of mine, Gordon Lightfoot, from the song “The house you live in”… “be calm in the face of all common disgraces, and know what they’re doing it for” and “be careful when bending the law”… Seems applicable here to me.

In short, if you want to rage, rage in some other domain! :wink: Simple really!

regards to all… Robin

We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.

Your culture will adapt to service us.

Resistance is futile.

You forget, perhaps, that which is at the base of much of human accomplishment: rage and dissatisfaction with the status quo, or hive mind, which many seem to want to further.

I reject this idea, with passion and rage.

Some people just cant hack good will, Borgs included. I reject your rejection. :wink: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hi Ceiling Duck,

Can you hack the idea that if you think of the group as ‘hive’, then ‘different’ from the group means you’re assimilated into ‘outsider’, a ‘hive’ role, with equal lack of individuality. Style, yes, like individual ants have some visible differences, but no independent role?

Can you get a sense of ‘Individuals in a group’? If so, then Robin’s assertion of what bonds us together, gives us infinite capacity to be individuals within it.

For example, Steinberg’s progam was first developed to allow users to be precisely that, to be transparent to our musicality. We were not ‘evolved’ to be ‘Cubase Users’, but to be empowered musicians Though our use of Cubase.

Take care
Glyn

Good will never seems to include telling people to go elsewhere if they annoy you.