Model 15 distortion when freezing and creating mixdown

When using Model 15, the newest update, as either an IAA instrument or an Audio Unit instrument in Cubasis, the resulting freeze of the track, and the mixdown track is completely distorted. I’m using an iPad Air 2, 128G, iOS 11.1, with just the Cubasis Channel Strip in default mode, and the Cubasis reverb. Even without the effects, the problem remains. I’ve rebooted/restarted the iPad, force quit Cubasis, and tried a new project. Same results.

The patch is “Mellokeys”.

Any ideas? Am I overlooking something? Thanks for any help…

Go to Setup and try to enable “Real-time mixdown and freeze” on the “Mixdown/Share” page.

Hi musikeer,

Thanks for your message.

We’re able to reproduce the issue and are already in exchange with Moog.
The bug has been introduced by Apple, and we’ll file a bug report asap.

Coxover is correct, enabling “Real-time mixdown and freeze” in Setup/Mixdown/Share helps to solve the issue.

We hope Apple is able to address the issue quickly.

Best,
Lars

Thanks, Lars and Covoxer… at some point I seemed to know the Real-time mixdown setting, but it slipped my mind. And that definitely helps, but there are still problems with crackling, and entire measures that don’t freeze, or mixdown. Much better, but still not right. I appreciate both of your responses and hope Apple can address the problem.

… and I forgot to mention, the Model 15 graphics randomly don’t display, just empty black, when using as an AU instrument. Just FYI…

AUX loading errors and graphical glitches will be addressed within the next Cubasis update.

Best,
Lars

Just another thought on this issue… if this is an “Apple” problem, recently introduced, why is it that all the other IAA/AU instruments I own work as expected? I have no other music apps that fail to mixdown or freeze properly. It would seem that this is primarily a problem with Model 15. Are they aware of this failure?

…and this also happens with Magellan. Real-time mixdown helps. So, not just a Model 15 issue. As Lars said, it’s been introduced by Apple evidently…?

We’re started the exchange with Apple and hope a solution can be found soon.
In the meantime, real-time mixdown should work to get around the issue.

Best,
Lars

Just wondering if there’s been any communication from Apple yet regarding this issue? Real-time freeze/mixdown doesn’t always work, making Model 15 (and Magellan) not dependable to use with Cubasis at this point.

Thanks for any info…

Hi Musikeer,

So far we did not receive an update from Apple regarding the topic.

Best,
Lars

Just as an update: The freeze/mixdown with Model 15 tracks is successful when using Model 15 as an IAA instrument. Using it as an AU instrument still has distortion problems. I wonder why? Using iOS 11.2.6 and the newest Model 15 update.

Hi musikeer,

Thanks for the update.
So far, Apple did not provide an update regarding the topic.

The upcoming Cubasis update will provide an optional AU mixdown mode (located in setup), for AU plug-ins that fail to render the regular process.

Best,
Lars

The Cubasis 2.4 update fixes the AU mixdown/freeze distortion problem, at least with Model 15, when activating the new “Audio Unit Mixdown Compatibility Mode”! Thanks SO much for this update. Great work!