Modifying Functions of Erase/Glue Tool

OK, I need help with the following little connundrum.

Scenario:
I would like to join/delete 5 sections of audio/MIDI, so I grab the relevant tool (glue/erase tool), click and drag my cursor over the sections to be processed.

The Problem:
Instead of joining/deleting the sections I have just selected, the audio/MIDI is now only highlighted. In order for me to join/delete these parts I now have to hit the ENTER key on my keyboard as well to apply the action.

The query:
Is there a way to make these tools work as specified just by selecting the required events? It is a major disruption to the workflow to have to highlight first then hit the enter button for every function processing, especially as the tools work as expected when clicking single events.

You hit enter after selecting and it performs the function? Didn’t know you could do that. How do you make that happen?

The query:
Is there a way to make these tools work as specified just by selecting the required events? It is a major disruption to the workflow to have to highlight first then hit the enter button for every function processing, especially as the tools work as expected when clicking single events.

What about clicking on any one of the selected parts?

I did clearly imply I would like to join/delete 5 separate sections of MIDI/Audio in one single mouse click. Your method requires 4 total mouse clicks. :unamused:

Must be your setup, works here. :unamused: :unamused:

Aloha guys,

For me to glue multiple parts I simply hold down the option
key while glueing the first two parts.

All the other parts on that track (audio or MIDI) get glued as well.

HTH
{‘-’}

This is what I am doing:

So are you saying that if you perform that on your PC version of Cubase 6.5, that instead of just highlighting the parts they are actually glued together? :confused: Strange that it works differently on two platforms.

Cheers for the advice curteye, but I don’t want to have to glue every part. Just the selected ones like the in the video.

What I’m saying is lasso all the parts and click on 1.

That’s 1 click. True, it’s not zero.

Yeah, it’s not such an issue when I’m doing minor adjustments in my overall project window.

The main issue for me arises when erasing notes within the Key Editor. I ask myself “why did they program it to be a two-step process when you’re using a dedicated tool?”. The same result can be achieved by using the pointer, lassoing and hitting ‘delete’, so what’ benefit does the erase tool bring (other than removing single events in one click)?

I use the erase tool as a last resort, it seems redundant in 90% of cases.

I do see your point about lassoing invoking the function on its own, especially since that already happens with the mute tool.