Molto HELP PLEASE!

Hi guys,

FIRSTLY, I LOVE LOVE LOVE DORICO!!! WHAT A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH THIS AMAZING SOFTWARE!
I cannot believe I was so scared (intimidated) by it in the beginning! WOW!!! :smiley:

OK,

QUESTION:
I have a piano part and it contains quite often used text like “molto espressivo”, “solenne” “ad lib”, “sempre”, tranquillo molto", “una corda”, Piu animato" etc.

HOW do I enter these texts. Are they just normal Shift+X text without any playback or is there a way I somehow missed how it is entered?

Thanks guys!
Hans

Dear Hans,

These texts look like tempo markings to me… you could enter them via shift+T popover, but you might find that you do not like how it is rendered. You might prefer an unbold italic marking. Then, you can input those using the system text tool : alt+shift+X, and choose the size and the type of text you prefer, but it won’t affect playback.
You could also use the workaround with dynamics (shift+D) : input a dynamic, hide it with the properties panel, but add a prefix of a suffix. It will be rendered in italic and will be nicely put.
Hope it helps !

‘Una corda’ is a playing technique. You can enter it in the shift+p popover

Guys, but the piu animato eg is at different places. In the Tempo panel, “animato” is found in the top list, bur “piu” is 3 panels lower. But there is no way I can click on piu…(piu has a slash on the “u”) and it is added to the score and then I go up 3 panels and click on animato…which IS added, but without the piu.

Is there a way I can ADD tempo words to the list on the right panels?

Why don’t you just write it in the popover ? Shift-T, type più animato, and that’s it. That’s the beauty of Dorico !

YEAH! Thanks Marc…it seems that it’s my only recourse. I hope one could eventually have a “dictionary” in Dorico where one could add more music text.

Nice Weekend to you!
Hans

For tempi texts, use shift-T
for dynamics, use shift-D
for playing techniques, use shift-P…
For anything else, use shift-X or alt-shift-X (text object or sytem text object)
Looks logical and very simple to me…

For something like “molto espressivo” (you would use expression text in Sibelius) you could also use dynamics:
enter the current dynamic and “espressivo” in the popover and than go to the properties panel and hide the dynamic and insert “molto” before “espressivo” as a suffix and perhaps adjust the alignment.
(entering “p molto espressivo” in the popover and hiding the dynamic will also hide “molto”. Therefore you have to add it afterwards)