Monitor when recording

Is there a way to engage the monitor when going into recording? ie when tracking overdubs I want to listen to the previous recorded take but when I hit record (punching in) I also want the monitor to switch to on. I can’t find any information about it in the manual or in the preferences helpfile.

It’ s in the preferences under auto monitoring, and also explained in in detail in the manual. If you can’ t find it in the manual, you’ re probably not looking thoroughly enough…
Apart from that, the question was answered roughly only a week ago - so using the forum search might bring an answer also…

It’s not in the most intuitive place ever …

Thankyou for the input. You’re right, I didn’t look too deeply in the manual. I did a search on “record monitor” and it didn’t show up. I will remember to do a search in the forum next time… :blush:

JMCecil: It’s not in the most intuitive place ever …

I agree. This should be in the "record"section right? I was a Cubase user up til sx3 and then I took a break for a few years… I am kind of relearning the old stuff + trying to learn the new stuff. I knew it was in there somewhere… Thanks for the informative Picture, You saved my day! :slight_smile:

no problem … good luck on the comeback.

Thanks!