Mono and stereo

In cubase when you want to give a mono track a stereo effect like autopan or double and more you have to run it through a group track that is stereo, its a bit annoying!, howcome you cant process it as if was a stereo track like in protools??

+1 for this one!!

Just always record to a stereo audio track. As far as I can tell there is no difference except that stereo effects work properly.

To fix what you have, just drag your mono audio (that was recorded on a mono audio track) to a newly created stereo audio track. Then, going forward, just do what I suggested in sentence one.

Regards :sunglasses:

Yes, regardless of work arounds please make this a painless one click process. Other DAWs can do this!

“In cubase when you want to give a mono track a stereo effect like autopan or double and more you have to run it through a group track that is stereo, its a bit annoying!”

Hi a-mit, Actually, probably the best way to do this is to create a stereo fx channel and insert the stereo effect plugin. This is superior because you can then eq, compress, or chain effects together. You can easily create the stereo fx channel by right clicking on a slot in the Audio Sends window in the inspector area, and then click Add FX channel to sends and then add your autopan etc. Or in the tracklist create an fx track and add the plugiin - same thing. Maybe you know all of that already. Anyway considering the abilities to shape and creatively mess with the plugins I think this is not a bad thing. I only responded because you indicated that the only way to do this is by making a stereo group which is not really true. Have a nice day.

“In cubase when you want to give a mono track a stereo effect like autopan or double and more you have to run it through a group track that is stereo, its a bit annoying!”

Hi a-mit, Actually, probably the best way to do this is to create a stereo fx channel and insert the stereo effect plugin. This is superior because you can then eq, compress, or chain effects together. You can easily create the stereo fx channel by right clicking on a slot in the Audio Sends window in the inspector area, and then click Add FX channel to sends and then add your autopan etc. Or in the tracklist create an fx track and add the plugiin - same thing. Maybe you know all of that already. Anyway considering the abilities to shape and creatively mess with the plugins I think this is not a bad thing. I only responded because you indicated that the only way to do this is by making a stereo group which is not really true. Have a nice day.