Montage Audio Properties not switching consistently

I have situations where I have a montage set to Multichannel Free Configuration, with multiple tracks each assigned to a different stereo output pair (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8).

Later, I convert the montage to a Stereo/CD compatible configuration and assign all tracks to Lf/Rf. However, the apply button never becomes operable, remains greyed out. Even after I change all the tracks to Lf/Rf, the Audio Properties of the Montage does not always switch over. I have to try closing and reopening the montage: still multichannel … sometimes quitting and restarting WL…still multichannel, repeat… … … Well, eventually, for whatever reason, a gear finally drops into place and the Montage finally settles in Stereo mode. Don’t know why this does not just lock in right away or why the APPLY button never becomes active. The issue exists going the other way: stereo to multichannel.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I feel I have tried every permutation of this. Has been happening since 9.1, now on latest version.

the apply button never becomes operable, remains greyed out

Which “Apply” button?

FILE TAB > Info > Audio Properties > APPLY CHANGES button

If you edit from there, do you get proper results?
2018-03-20_08-35-38.png

That method is much better. All the tracks are reassigned immediately.

The only remaining thing that does not always switch over immediately (when going from MultiChannel to Stereo) is the CD text and CD Tags. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not, remaining inactive. But if I close and reopen the montage, then they are active again. I am on Windows 7pro64bit.

Actually, I would like access to CD Text and Tags at all times. What is the reason for them to be inactive in MultiChannel mode?

What is the reason for them to be inactive in MultiChannel mode?

Multichannel is not meant to be CD, hence not CD-Text compatible.