Montage clips > Batch Processor?

Hi again,
I have several clips in a montage. I want to render each clip as a file (with the FX+fades), and send to the Batch Processor. The auto split tool in the Montage doesn’t have a clips option, and adding a Montage directly to the Batch Processor renders the entire Montage as a single file.

The index in the manual also leaves much to be desired.

I seem to be missing how to do this…

Thanks,
Brian

There is a Render option to render all clips as separate files. Use this option, and once the files are rendered, add them to the desired batch processor.

OK, thanks. Please consider this a feature request. Seems like a logical thing to have, and I thought I was able to do it v8, but might be mistaken.

Uh, forgive me, but I can’t seem to find that option! I’ve looked in the Montage prefs and the Render tab in the Montage…

I can’t find the option either…

I believe you’re looking for the last option in the dropdown menu in the Render Source section which is “All Selected Clips”

See attachment:
Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 9.37.32 PM.png

Well, that certainly doesn’t sound like what I’m trying to do, but I guess might be. I tried it, but because these are M/S dual mono clips (with the same name), it wouldn’t do it because of the same names between M and S clips.
I’m sorry WL 9, this is getting way too hard…

Well my problem is that I have WLE9… I guess only the full WL9 has that option. Sucks since I could do it in WLE8.

Sucks since I could do it in WLE8

Nothing was removed in 9. What do you mean?

Well, that certainly doesn’t sound like what I’m trying to do,

However, the option mentioned by Justin is exactly what you asked for, in your first message.

Well, I’d have to re-install WLE8… Seems like it was in the Batch section. When it was done, WLE8 would name each file as “track - nn.mp3” where nn = the track #. Come to think of it, I may have been using the “Save each track as a separate file” option when working with a CD.

Is it expected behavior to get an error about replacing files? I assume this is because they are clips dual-mono M/S tracks…?

Is it expected behavior to get an error about replacing files?

What kind of error?

See attached. I want to see how to do this right in WL, but I also need to get this thing out the door…

I can confirm that when I rename one of the clips (everything in the Side channel, for example), the error is gone. However, now I’m stuck with a bunch of mono files and they didn’t decode back to L/R.

However, now I’m stuck with a bunch of mono files and they didn’t decode back to L/R.

Not sure what you want to achieve. When you proceed as you do, you create mono files that are either Mid or Side.
Why do you need these?

I’m not sure where this is being misunderstood- It must be a really common thing to do in WL:
I have a bunch of clips in the Montage. The tracks are M/S, with clip FX + fades. I need to render the clips as separate stereo L/R files (with all FX+fades) and get them to the Batch Processor.

What am I missing here?

When you split tracks, you split clips to mono clips. Hence the option to render clips, is not proper to render stereo files (L/R).
There are 2 ways to answer you.

1. Are you sure splitting to M/S tracks was what you really needed, giving the fact that you want to produce stereo clips at the end?
    If yes, then there is a solution: put region markers around your clip pairs, and render regions as separate files.

2. Don’t split to M/S tracks, but use the WaveLab 9 M/S effect slot features. These allow you to process M and S independently, without splitting any clip.

Thanks–
#1 did what I needed, I believe-- albeit with the hassle of entering a bunch of region markers and batch naming. And I have several montages to do.

I understand the split processing in #2 now. I didn’t before, so now M/S tracks is what I have, and apparently there is no way to get back to L/R. (I tried to render, but lost all the clip splitting.)

Isn’t splitting to M/S the point? I need to be able to adjust M & S levels separately in each clip (using Montage clip level), and of course get back to L/R. I would add that I’m often starting with M/S files.

I am just not seeing the logic of the intended workflow here, from start to finish. Maybe that’s something to add more of the in documentation (as well as improve the index). I’m still learning the major (and mostly great!) changes in WL9, but what I need to do this just shouldn’t be that hard.

Isn’t splitting to M/S the point? I need to be able to adjust M & S levels separately in each clip (using Montage clip level), and of course get back to L/R. I would add that I’m often starting with M/S files.

Splitting is only interesting if you want to use the same processing on all clips (Mid or Side channel), or if you need envelopes for the Mid and Side channel.

In most cases, it is more convenient not to split, and to use the M/S feature of clip effects. Are you well aware of this?

Philippe