montage/DDP first track displays as 2 lines in text export

sorry for the convoluted subject heading… easier to show with a pic…

why is the first track split into 2 lines on the DDP cue sheet? is this normal behavior?

the CD plant actually came back with a note to us and a concern about it… so i thought i should ask around here…

thanks…

oh, and does WL offer a way to check MD5 checksum? i used to use Sonoris DDP for that, but it’s not compatible with the latest Mac OS…

AFIAK this is technically correct even though it looks strange. If you open a DDP in Sonrois DDP Creator or their DDP Player app, this is how it looks.

HOFA seems to have a way of making it look less concerning and presenting it in a better/different way where you don’t see this but AFAIK it’s technically the same.

I have requested a more tidy CD export sheet for some time now but no action.

When I was using Waveburner I could easily export a PDF for most albums that comfortably fit on one sheet.

With WaveLab, so show the same info can take 2 or 3 PDF pages unless I’m missing something.

Your screen shot is from Sonoris right? It looks too compact to be from WaveLab :slight_smile:

thanks…

as suspected…just a weird display thing…

and, posting this for a colleague who is just starting to try WL… the sheet is indeed from Sonoris he said… the DDP from WL…

i’ve noticed that issue myself, but have never had plants come back with concerns or rejections, so always figured it was a WL quirk… .which it seems to be… would be nice if they tidied it up, for sure…

The 0 is the mandatory first pause on the CD.
The 1 is the start of the track.

WaveLab definitely could use some updates in this area. Even if CDs are “dying”, it’s nice to produce a PDF report of the session for your client or client’s manger who likes to have all the info in one place for digital only and/or vinyl releases.

The current CD report is too disjointed and long. It takes up way more space than needed and isn’t clear to the average person.

I can’t help but wonder if it wasn’t a person at the CD plant, but rather a sales rep for a CD broker (middle man) who didn’t know any better and though it was a technical error.

I think it’s probably looked like that on all paperwork from all mastering programs, not just Wavelab, since the beginning of CD. I’ve seen old CD Master pq sheets from the90's and 80’s always look like that. I think it’s pretty standard.

If you mean a way to check against an MD5 file that’s in a DDP folder, I think you should be able to do that by importing the DDP in Wavelab and select “verify DDP checksums” in the import dialog. If you want to check in a basic verification program that’s not specifically associated with DDP, you should be able to find something that verifies the files when you double click on the MD5 file, but strangely I can’t find a simple Mac program that does that for a folder containing multiple files. Maybe someone else knows. I’ve used simple Windows programs that do that to check the files against the checksum in DDP’s in the past.