Montage Master settings questions/ideas

Would it be possible to add a special button to the montage master section to “load previous master plug-in chain previous open montage”? The wording can be shorter but you get the idea…

I love the new master montage workflow, but one thing that was nice about using the old master section is that it was fast when I am mastering dozens of library tracks that need the same (or very similar) master setting but need to be in their own unique montage. It was nice that the master plugins just stayed even when closing the montage. The reason I don’t use this workflow is because I like that I don’t have to manually load the main master section for each montage when I re-open them.

I know I can save a preset and load it for the montage, but I’m wondering if a simple button near the “import master section plug-ins” would be possible, and the feature would simply load the last montage master plug-in chain used.

Also, I’m wondering if there is a way to make new montages default to being on the montage master effects tab (gold color) rather than the track effects tab (green color).

Are you aware that you can make montage templates that include predefined plugins in the master output?
And there is the possibility to have a default template, too?

Well, I don’t really want to accumulate a bunch of presets that will only be used for one afternoon and never again, I’m wondering if it would be easy to make a feature to load previous plug-in chain in the montage master.

A new template may work to make the “montage master” effects chain always be the default, instead of the track effects chain.

I’ll try that and see if it fixes the problem there.

No matter what I do, or templates I make, when I first go to the effects tab in a montage, new or old, the track effects tab is always the current. I’d like to see a settings that always put the montage master setting as the default when you go to the effects tab. Does that make sense? Is this possible with the current version?

Image attached:

Well, only one click is needed to select the desired tab. You could even assign a key shortcut to that…

Is this in the audio montage “Customize Commands”? I didn’t see an option in there to focus the master effects tab for a montage, could you post a screen shot or info on how to do it or where to find it?

Having it default to the master seems more logical to me because there can only be one master, but there can be many tracks or clips.

2013-07-12_06-12-31.png

Thanks, I tried this and I don’t get the results I was looking for. I made a key sequence to try to get the montage master window to appear, but it doesn’t seem to work, it does something with cycling through each audio track.

Here is a screen shot of what I did:

It’s because the “Tab” key is reserved. When you make multi key shortcut, you must take care to choose properly the 1st one.

Thanks, this shortcut works now.

My other suggestion about importing previously used montage master section is already close to being available in a way.

I just noticed the copy and paste features in the effects section. It’s a great feature but it only seems to copy one selected plug-in. Would be be possible for this feature to support selecting multiple plugins in a chain and copy them, so they could be pasted in the master section of a new montage?

For some things, I would prefer this because sometimes I don’t want to store a preset and find it and load it, I just need a temporary preset save and then never again. Copy/Paste in the master section could work for this for times when I only need one plugin, but if I have a master setting with three plugins and want to copy all three using the copy/paste feature, it will only copy the one selected plug-in.

Let me know if that makes sense and could be added.

thanks.

I just noticed the copy and paste features in the effects section. It’s a great feature but it only seems to copy one selected plug-in. Would be be possible for this feature to support selecting multiple plugins in a chain and copy them, so they could be pasted in the master section of a new montage?

Yes, you’re not the 1st one to ask.

Excellent, thanks. Is this something for Wavelab 9 or maybe the next Wavelab 8 update?

Also, is it possible to bypass all plugins on the montage master with one button or shortcut? Or is this something that also needs to be considered for a Wavelab 8 update?

I have looked but don’t see a way to do it.

thanks.

Not possible. Again, you’re not the 1st one to ask :wink:

Thanks for the info. Do you have an estimate on the next version of Wavelab that will have these features, and also the ability to add two digit prefixes to rendered Waves when the montage is less than 10 tracks?

With these things in place (and the 3rd party plugin GUI issues resolved), Wavelab will be nearly perfect in my opinion.

Sorry, no estimate yet. Also bug fixes and new features might not appear in the same version.