Montage: Replace Audio

Hey PG,

if I select all Audiofiles on a track in a Montage and try to replace them - it doesn`t work
Only one file will be replaced.I guess this is a bug.

Thank you!

Best,
Stanley

Not a bug, but a current limitation.

I’ve often wished for a bulk smart replace.

Example 1: You mastered and album but now you need to Save As… the montage and populate all the instrumental versions. Right now it’s slow to do it one song at at time.

Example 2: You have some or all new mix files of an album you already mastered once. Replacing all or some the files one at a time is kind of slow.

You can export the montage as XML, rename the source file names with a text editor (e.g. search/replace) and then reimport the montage. Works quite well…

Nils

You can export the montage as XML, rename the source file names with a text editor (e.g. search/replace) and then reimport the montage. Works quite well…

Indeed, and that was the primary intent of the XML import/export.

I know! Must have been in WL6…I was very happy about this function :slight_smile:

The XML import/export is also in WaveLab 10.

That’s interesting but I don’t think it would be any faster than manually replacing each song with the shortcut.

I was thinking about something along the lines of the Marker Rename feature. A pop up box that lets you select some or all tracks, and replace them with files that have a similar name +/- some characters such as V2 or [Instrumental] in the file name and ability to save that as a preset.

That would be faster.

Indeed!
Though, global version counting is easy by replacing “.wav” with “V2.wav” for example. I am using IDs at the end of the filename like “…Track02.wav” to rename it to “…Track02_V2.wav” track selectively.

Nils