More color options to make a lighter theme possible

This whole color palette restriction is pure garbage IMO. Waste of coding time. I still can’t make it look like I had it before!!!

Amen, I hate this DARK crap. Funny thing is my older versions were set up with a color scheme similar to this forum. Maybe they should change that since they are so concerned with our vision…What’s next, are they going to control how loud we can listen to our monitors because it might damage our ears???
Please give us the choice as to what color scheme we want and how dark as it was before, this dark drab palate is depressing. The screen grab is the same song file pulled up simultaneously C8.5 Pro on the left and C9.5 Pro on the right…come on…I had no problem setting up the same color palette in C9 Pro but no cigar in 9.5 and that is the lightest version of the color palettes I could find. I thought it was a mistake when I first saw it

Have you tried adjusting the hue in Color Schemes/Custom Color (the only place you can change the hue :frowning: )? You’ll at least be able to get some of your blue back.

Tried everything. There is no way to lighten the darkness

These dark colors don’t work for my studio with lots of natural light. Please, get rid of the restrictions in the color/brightness range of the GUI…

+1

+1

Greetz Shanahan

Please please please give us the option back.

Someone Please tell me how this is a choice. This is the most drab and uncreative color palate i can imagine. Like someone smeared mud over the entire page

+1

Prefer lighter Theme as well. That’s one of the reasons why I am not updating from C9 to C 9.5.
Steinberg should test if the reworked color preferences work for the light color schemes. There are a lot of users here, who
prefer lighter color scheme.

Yeah I like some of the new features of 9.5 but if I can’t be comfortable looking at the screen I’m not going to pay to upgrade

There should be choice for any scheme people prefer.
But i actually like the colour improvements, less light emitted, less strain on eyes, less damaging blue light.
These light schemes emit too much blue light and DAMAGE your eyes. Less contrast, less light, much better in the long run.

Everyone’s eyesight is different we should have choices we had before. Every environment is different. Monitoring at loud volumes is detrimental to your hearing but Steinberg has not put a governor on the output volume. I can’t stand the lack of fidelity of MP3 and iTunes but that’s a choice people make just as they listen to earbuds too loud. When Steinberg starts to dictate what the visual environment should be under the ruse of saving our eyesight I’ll be gone after more than 15 years of loyalty. GIVE US BACK OUR OPTIONS PLEASE

Sure, that’s what I’m saying, if one wants to double it’s daw as sunbed, that should be possible, but for me personally I’m happy that there is focus on these issues

It seems that a lot of users are not happy with design choices steinberg makes - lots of GUI Inconsistencies (very good summary here 7 design issues that should be easy to fix in Cubase - Cubase - Steinberg Forums), limited color schemes (NEW CUSTOM COLORS SCHEMES * TERRIBLE* - Cubase - Steinberg Forums), bitmap based UI, ugly not scalable fonts, -
it’s time to hire some UI professional and rework and unify UI - something for C10 next year.

More like it’s time to grow a little more patient because they’re obviously in the process of updating the entire interface. Did you not notice that they already got rid of a bunch of old styled windows, buttons and knobs in Cubase 9.5?

Also pretty much everything listed in that first thread is either a matter of opinion or completely obvious (but they either haven’t gotten to it yet or they’re waiting for a scheduled feature revamp so they don’t have to do the work twice).

I find it interesting that I haven’t seen one Steinberg person comment or weigh in on this

Usually future developments are kept private.

I see it as reverting to what was before. You could make it as dark and drab as you wanted before, so I don’t see lightening it as a ‘development’ :rofl: