More dropouts after the 9.0.10 maintenance update!?

Am I the only one discovering some periodic audio drop-outs after the 9.0.10 maintenance update?

I worked on a project that didn’t make Wavelab stutter, I since updated and after reopening the projects suddenly the program stutter now and again, not all the time. Seems I can have less plugins in the chain before trouble arise.

Can something have happened that causes this?

::
Mads

Check Buffer size for Audio Device/Control Panel
maybe this have been lowered with the update like 256 sample
and maybe was 512 sample before !?

regards S-EH

Thanks for your response S-EH

Yes the buffer was the first thing I checked, I actually moved it all the way up to 2048, but still had issues. Anyhow one of the CPU heavy plugins (Nova from TDR) was updated today and that helped a lot, still I wonder why I experienced the difference…

I can’t recall if WL once had a cpu meter,was there - is there? That would help check what happens doing what, cpu-wise.

Mads

I can’t recall if WL once had a cpu meter,was there - is there? That would help check what happens doing what, cpu-wise.

Yes, until WaveLab 6. It’s planned to have this again in the future.

So I did remember right (I’ve had Wavelab since v.3). Anyhow good to knows it’s coming back!

Mads

For me it’s the same: more and heavier dropouts. Buffer size is not a solution.

Reported this already in 8.5 and in 9.0.10 it’s the first thing I noticed (besides a lot of crashes if I changed some buttons)

If so, let’s hope it’ll get better again in next update. I wonder how many experience more dropouts in v. 9.0.10 compared to 9.0.0.

Mads