Concerning this snippet of music: https://stash.miloonline.net/dorico/trombone_voices.png
The Dorico file is here.
Problems / Questions / Complaints:
- I’m not hearing the upper staff at all. (Admittedly, this might just be an issue with my VST.)
- During playback, the dynamics of the lower staff are overridden by the dynamics of the upper staff, despite the fact that they are assigned different MIDI channels.
- Currently, the upper staff plays on channel 2, and the lower staff plays on channel 1. How do I switch them such that upper plays on 1, and lower plays on 2?
- In the Play tab, why am I seeing, in the Dynamics lane, data for “Up-stem Voice 3” when I switch to “Up-stem Voice 2”?
- Speaking of “Up-stem Voice 2” in the Play tab, how do I get rid of it, since there’s no music associated with it? (Saving and closing the file has no effect.)
- It’s confusing to have the voices in the Write tab named similarly to the voices in the Play tab when they don’t actually match up (which can often happen for players of multiple staves). e.g. The upper staff is “Up-stem Voice 2” in the Write tab, but “Up-stem Voice 3” in the Play tab. It seems to me that a better syntax for voices would include a staff designation, e.g. “Staff 1 Voice 1,” or even something shorter like “s1_v1.” This could be shared between the Write and Play tabs, making the identification of voices on both tabs intuitive.
Please help, smart people. I thank you.