More questions... (as I didn't see answers to them)

Hi, all !

Well, I have mixed feelings about C6, presently, but it seems that it has several new great features. I’m thinking of the comping tools, new time-stretching algos and the tempo detection, among others. I was hoping to see these for a long time. This is all very well, BUT :

• Is the dreaded minimize/maximize project window state ‘feature’ has been fixed, somehow ?
  • Is there an automatic filtering for presets selection of a VSTi from the ‘Program’ field in the inspector ? In other words, has the presets management been streamlined ?
  • What does mean a ‘portable’ Mediabay ? If this means that all vst/trackpresets are centralized in a unique location, I’m all for it…
    Subsidiary question :
  • Is there eventually a way to easily upgrade Halion Sonic SE to the full one at a lower cost ?
    Still disappointed that there is no FXP/FXB support again, but I wasn’t expecting it anymore, actually…

Thanks for any answers. :slight_smile:

EDIT : another one comes to mind : during C6 installation, will there be an automatic transfer of C5 preferences files to it, as for the previous version ? And will we be able to safely uninstall C5 after that ?

I think it was Chris that responded to this one… The response was basically nothing was done to the windowing system.

• Is there an automatic filtering for presets selection of a VSTi from the ‘Program’ field in the inspector ? In other words, has the presets management been streamlined ?

Doesn’t look like it. This also has been asked on one of the threads and got into a “yes it does, no it doesn’t” kind of thing. In other words, it doesn’t seem like the Borgz think it’s broke.

• What does mean a ‘portable’ Mediabay ? If this means that all vst/trackpresets are centralized in a unique location, I’m all for it…

They are calling it volume databases. You can mount and unmount them. So, you can put a database on a portable drive and then mount it at another location and all your presets will be with you. Sounds good in principle. I’m no fan of the media bay. But, I do like this concept.

• Is there eventually a way to easily upgrade Halion Sonic SE to the full one at a lower cost ?

There is already an upgrade in the store. I think it’s 199

Still disappointed that there is no FXP/FXB support again, but I wasn’t expecting it anymore, actually…

amen

Thanks for your clear answers !

About the resizing of the project window, yep, just stumbled on a dedicated thread. Nothing has changed… Seems that the presets management hasn’t changed much either. When will they ever streamline these basic kind of features in a more friendly way ? Shall we wait for Cubase X1, circa 2019 ? :unamused:

Beside this, the actual improvements are welcomed and 150 euros is a fair price, but I was expecting, at least, some improvements in the windows and presets management So, to upgrade or not to upgrade ? Think I’ll wait a little while, watching feedbacks about the overall stability to make my mind…