Most problematic plugins in Cubase 11

My intention in this post is to combine some user experiences on using 3rd party plugins in cubase. What might crash more, unstable, cubase hangs on close, long time opening , etc.
For me some acustica audio plugins hang on closing projects, one that i´m aware of is Green4zencomp. I use it mostly for mastering but the projects hang on closing. Win10 1909 64 bits , Cubase 11.0.10 here.

1 Like

Hi!

OTT 1.0.0.6
Valhalla Delay 1.8.2
Spirit Reverb 1.1.a
hangs on close or even crash sometimes

Win 10x64 19042.804
Cubase 11.0.10

kind regards, Alexander

1 Like

I had the same problem with the plugins it took too long to load the cubase I finally managed to find a solution I hope to give you an answer. try to put specific application folders because for some reason it reads them better.
C/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstplugins
C/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstpluginsbridje
C/Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase11/Vstplugins
C/Program Data/Spectrasonics/plug-in 64
C/Program Files(86)/Vstplugin for 32bit plugin
You will definitely go and declare them in the cubase
Vst plugin in manager
Path settings
The Valhalla i put in
C/Program Files/Steinberg/Vstplugins
try to copy paste the plug-ins that does not recognize you in any of these folders to see where they sit.

That’s how i manage plugins folder for 20 + Years :smiley: ehhe.
Still ,some plugins might have some code that is less “compatible” with Cubase (some window management, bad code, etc) that’s the purpose of this post. Knowing what plugins are more prominent for issues.
Thanks for your answer anyway, many will find that your answer is the way to go

1 Like

For me Zynaptic UNMIX DRUMS always crashes Cubase - I think it’s because I installed the trial and then the real thing in a bundle and iLok got confused - there’s nothing useful in any logs I can find and Zynaptiq didn’t get back to me, so I just don’t use it. The other plugins in the bundle work fine.

Cubase 10.5, PC