Motu 8pre-es AVB interface

Hi,

I upgraded to Dorico 3.1 and I am on Mac OS 10.15.4. My Motu 8pres-es interface works perfectly with every application except with Dorico.
I recognises the 8pres-es but there is no sound.

Thanks für your help

Christoph

Please create a new project from piano template, then do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. That creates silently a zip file on your desktop, please attach it here. Thanks

And one question: Before the update to Dorico 3.1 the Motu worked well together with Dorico?

It worked with Dorico 2 on my old Mac. I only upgraded to Dorico 3 on my new Mac.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (312 KB)

Thanks for the data. Basically everything looks normal, except for one thing:
Whenever loading of a project finishes, the audio engine does get suspended by some event.
Do you push Dorico to the background and bring some other app to front?

Under /Users/christophcamenzind/Library/Application\ Support/Steinberg/Dorico\ 3 is a file called preferences.xml
You can open it with any text editor program.
In line 42 it says “true”. If you change ‘true’ to ‘false’, save and restart Dorico, does that make any difference?

If not, how is Dorico exactly behaving? When you press Play, does the green cursor move or stand still?
If it moves and you open the HALion Sonic SE editor window, does that show any activity, i.e. indication that MIDI is arriving, or any sort of metering flickering?

I changed the value in line 42 to false, and now it works. But I had to create a new multiple-output device (Hauptgerät) in the audio-midi setup app as the automatic 8preEs entry wouldn’t show the correct physical outputs in Dorico. Problem solved! Thanks so much!

Schoen zu hoeren. “Hier werden Sie geholfen” :slight_smile: