Motu UltraLite-Mk4 and WaveLab Pro 9.5 not working

I tested the aggregate device placing only the Ultralite in it and it works!

Great that you have a solution with this alternate driver

Concerning the log you sent me, was it with the aggregate driver or the standard driver?

Standard driver , I hit play and it brought up the error.
Thanks

Hello Mr. Steinberg, what we have to do to fix this boring problem please ?

Did you try using the “aggregate device”, which has solved popskull’s problem?

I wonder if this issue happens with all MOTU products.

I just ordered a MOTU 8D unit fo my home studio setup so I can get a few AES ins and outs to feed to my monitor controller and meters.

Yep, it seems that with the MOTU 8D interface, I need to make an aggregate MacOS audio device for it to work.

Thanks to whoever figured out this workaround.

It was scampi on the German forum who had a similar problem with a Pro-Ject DAC.

Thanks. I just wonder if this is a MOTU fix or a WaveLab fix.

I’ve been emailing a bit with MOTU tech support. I am now able to get WaveLab to playback with my MOTU 8D without needing to make an aggregate device.

I think the problem was that when you install the MOTU Discovery apps and all their fun stuff, the Mac sees the device as both a basic USB class compliant device, and also as another device via the MOTU apps. I kept seeing two different 8D devices listed in Audio/MIDI so I went any manually uninstalled all the MOTU apps and now only one 8D is listed in my devices.

Here is a PDF with more info:
http://techlink-attachments.motu.com/tickets/117361/MOTU%20Pro%20Audio%20troubleshooting%20macOS.pdf

You can still access the mixer settings on the web by entering the IP address of the interface if it’s connected to the computer via Ethernet.

Was there ever a proper fix for this?

It has been some months since I used Wavelab (9.5.50) I too have this same problem with a MOTU 624 AVB, if I create an aggregate device and select the same outputs it works fine.

I don’t believe this is fixed on the WaveLab side in 9.5.50

Maybe/Hopefully fixed for WaveLab 10.

I no longer have a MOTU but I have a similar experience with the Grace m900.

Thanks for the reply, strange thing is the last time I used Wavelab which I think was 9.5.30 it worked fine about 6-8 months ago, not sure which version of Mojave that was, also there have been updated MOTU drivers which I have installed since then as well. All very odd as Cubase doesn’t have this issue.