Move cycle locators to cursor position

So this is something I have to do hundreds of times per day.

I set the left and right locator to usually an 8 bar loop, play that loop for a while, then want to play the rest of the song until I need to loop again - usually to isolate a problem area.

The trouble is this means setting the left and right locator every time. Not the end of the world but very repetitive and fiddly.

So what would be better is to be able to assign a key command that intelligently moved the currently set cycle locators to the position of the playback cursor. Intelligent meaning that it would quantise to the nearest bar and lock to a musical position, i.e if the cursor was at bar 15 and the cycle was 2 bars long the cycle should start at bar 14 and end at 16 as that is a normal musical division.

Even if you wanted it at bar 15 it could at least be easily moved and that would be better that having to set the locators again.

Have you tried ‘Locators To Selection’ with a key command?. Or maybe you could try the Play tool. Just as a work around.

Then you would have to make a selection which is better but not ideal, also it wouldn’t be quantised to a useful location and would need re-adjusting.

This function pretty much already exists in Cubase by way of macros, depending on users’ needs.

For example, a 4 bar loop: (all commands in the Transport section)

Set Left locator to Project Cursor Position
Nudge 1 bar
Nudge 1 bar
Nudge 1 bar
Nudge 1 bar
Set Left locator to Project Cursor Position

Well the judges are going to deduct some points for that final line ¯_(ツ)_/¯

A Nudge Locators command would be cool though…