Move rest made a mess

mess.jpg
While inputting I noticed I had a stray whole note rest. Finally figured out how to find out which bar it was from which already had the 2 voices needed so I tried to delete or hide it with color change but I couldn’t. Then I decided to move it out of the way and as I did the staves started to spread, so I tried to move it back and the staves still spread. Then I tried control z and y also to no avail. Fortunately that was in full score view and the violin view wasn’t affected but that seems like pretty strange behavior.

We do occasionally see problems like this, but as yet we’ve not managed to pin down the circumstances under which the problem occurs. Normally this fixes itself if you simply save, close, then reopen the project. If that’s not the case for you, please attach the project here so we can take a look.