Movie of Score

I have to give a Movie of a Score of an Opera to the Stage Director, because he cannot really read music…
Possible in Dorico?

No. Dorico does nor have that function. There are dozens of videos on youtube about how to make scrolling score videos.

Pardon me for asking but if he cannot read music what is the point of giving him a video of a score? [Sorry!]

1 Like

Good point!
He wants to follow the Lyrics being sung, and probably have a tighter control of what is happening. God release us from stage directors…

1 Like

If you are on a Mac, you can use Quicktime to record the screen while the score is playing. All of that functionality is available with Cmd+Option+5, but you should check the Apple docs or YouTube videos for details because the details vary slightly based on the OS version.

If I am not mistaken, Windows now has similar screen recording software builtin.

Hope that help.

Thanx!

for the moment I went back to Sibelius, importing the .xml files… so I did not have to wait for the normal speed recording (about 2 1/2 hours…)
but nonetheless thank you very much!!

This is what a libretto is for. A non-music-reader will benefit more from a nicely formatted libretto than any score.

2 Likes