moving a selection

Hi all,

I’m looking at an audio file that contains rhythmic material and I want to cut some loops from it.

When I have a selection that sounds good (let’s say 2 bars), I should be able to move the selection by two 2 bars at a time to audition other loops without a lot of fuss, but I can’t find a simple way to do that, not even with the Audio Range window. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stefan

This will be possible in next update, using the mouse.
Currently, you could use this dialog:
menu Edit > Select > Edit…
See picture:
2013-03-30_09-58-27.png
but that is maybe not as immediate as you could expect.

Hi Philippe,

thanks for the hint. That’s a start, but unfortunately, you need to ok the box to hear the results and when you call it up again, the options are reset. If the Audio Range window could stay open and you could keep clicking the Apply-button, it would be much better. Anyway, looking forward to the update!

Thanks,
Stefan

There are Play buttons in this dialog.

I think “move a selection” was here up version 5, then it’s gone.
(BTW, it was already requested by me, but I didn’t found that post … too old :unamused: )

another selection question …

in my older WLab versions I could double click on the left side of the locator and the selection was extended to the next marker. If I double clicked with shift-key, the range would extended to the beginning of the file/song. This dosn’t work in version 7 or I didn’t found it. At the moment, if I cut the beginning of a song, I must use zoom too often …

I think “move a selection” was here up version 5, then it’s gone.
(BTW, it was already requested by me, but I didn’t found that post … too old )

As already told, this will be back in 8.

in my older WLab versions I could double click on the left side of the locator and the selection was extended to the next marker. If I double clicked with shift-key, the range would extended to the beginning of the file/song. This dosn’t work in version 7 or I didn’t found it. At the moment, if I cut the beginning of a song, I must use zoom too often …

Note these shortcuts:

• Ctrl+Shift+Left arrow to select till previous marker.
  • Shift+Home to select till start of file.

Thanx PG. Have now selected a new key command for this (only one key), so I dosn’t move my right hand from my mouse.

Have WLab since version 2 or 3 and it’s difficult to change old habits …

Dear me, of course… Thanks!

Stefan