Moving a session to a different computer

I’m a noob at this, and I’ve searched around a bit but I can’t seem to find a good guide to moving a session from one computer to another. I’m using the latest Wavelab Pro on an iMac and wanting to move it to a MacBook Pro so I can do an offsite session with a band. I have the software installed and ready to go, but don’t know how to get all my settings to come along with it. Does anyone know if there is a support document out there somewhere?

Your WaveLab Preferences folder is typically stored in this path:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 9.5/

This library folder is hidden by default by Apple but if you go into the WaveLab preferences/global, in the General Tab you can click on “Open Setting Folder”. This expose the WaveLab Preferences folder in your Mac Finder easily. I suggest saving this folder in the sidebar of your Mac Finder window as a favorite.

Copy the entire contents of this folder over to your other computer in the same location and all your settings should perfectly match your other computer.

This can cause a long plugin scan the first time you open WaveLab on the new computer, and you’ll have to manually set it to the preferred audio device but it’s the simplest and cleanest way to do it.

As far the audio files, that is up to your own file management but this is how you at least transfer all the settings.

I make a copy of my WaveLab settings every week or two and back them up to Dropbox incase something happens to my main computer, and then I also copy those settings to my other two Macs so that all my settings/prefs/key commands stay in sync on all 3 Macs.

Thanks. I think that worked for me. I haven’t dug in yet, but on the surface everything seems to be that. Appreciate the help!!

No problem. I don’t use global master section presets (because I avoid the global master section at all costs) so I can’t guarantee that all those are transferred over.

But this will for sure transfer all your main preferences, key commands, plugin chain presets, etc.