Moving and standardising vstsound file location using SLM -good?

Hi, . Drum Loop Expansion 01 is in Library Manager with location C:\Users\SimonDundas\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\ whereas Dance Floor Tech House has location c:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VSTSound. Loop Mash Factory Library is in c:\Users\SimonDundas\AppData\Roaming . Presumably there are other locations. Is this an advantage or could I move say all content in the Library Manager Cubase/Nuendo tab to a single location by selecting all specifying a single location on a new harddrive?

Cubase Pro13, Windows 10

No advantage, most likely stuff just ended up in different locations by happenstance during the downloading. The easiest way to resolve this is to use the OS to move all the .vstsound files to your new location. You can arrange them in different Folders or put them all in the same place (I do it this way as it is simplest). Then double+click on any .vstsound file. This will launch the Steinberg License Manager which will register all the libraries it finds in that folder plus any sub-folders it finds.

Moving a library or two directly in the License Manager works great. But for bulk moves this method is easier.

1 Like

thanks for the super fast reply Raino. I think I’d feel happier if all vstsound files were together and didn’t know about moving them in that way so will give it a go.