Moving down a PT located at the start of a triplet creates another triplet beneath

When I push down a playing technique which lies at the beginning of a tuplet, a tuplet is created in the stave below. However, this doesn’t happen with dynamics.
This video shows the strange behaviour I’ve found today. I’m not sure this is intended, but it doesn’t look right to me.
PT creates triplet

I’m not sure, but I suspect that a PT, differently from a dynamics that lasts until a next one, lasts exactly as the note, thus the triplet is copied…

That makes sense. FWIW, I discovered this today while moving two linked dynamics spanning exactly a beat. However, that might not necessarily mean that the first PT is worth a beat.
In the attached image, when I push down the whole group, I get that tuplet. However, if I create it below, then push it up and down, the tuplet is not created. That might hint that you’re right.
Captura de ecrã 2021-06-18, às 17.03.16

1 Like

The issue still persists in Dorico 4.2

I don’t think it has to do with the length of the PT, as the PT in my example has no length.

Also, as I remember, alt-cmd-down/up should be the same procedure as copying and pasting it manually, shouldn’t it?
Anyway, here’s an attached minimal project. duplicating the “arco” to the staff below leads to a new sextuplet created underneath.
cmdalt-playing techniques.dorico (555.5 KB)

I believe the inconsistency is rooted in the fact that playing techniques are associated with a specific voice by default, while dynamics are not. I agree that ideally it shouldn’t behave differently in this regard, but I’m not sure when we are actually likely to change this behaviour.

2 Likes