moving preferences

I have given up for the time being on Nuendo 5 64 bits and am looking to move my preferences to the 32 bit version.

Specifically, I would like to transfer what I’ve programmed from the files/preferences menu from the 64 to the 32 bit folder.

I’d like to know the specific file or folder I need to move to achieve this.

Thanks.

Hello.

The best way to do this is to first save a preset in preferences & in Key Commands with an easily recognisable name.
These will be located (in W7 x64) at:
Key Commands: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5_64\Presets\KeyCommands
Prefs: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5_64\Presets\Configurations

Next, copy to the following locations for the 32-bit version:
Key Commands: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5\Presets\KeyCommands
Prefs: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5\Presets\Configurations

Now launch the 32-bit version of Nuendo, open the prefs & Key Commands folders and in the drop-down box you should see the newly saved presets

I do agree with Neil that you should save your KC’s as a name you will recognise.
but can’t you also even simpler copy:
Key Commands: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5_64
contents to:
C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5

I copy all the contents all the time and granted I rarely use N5_64 I haven’t discovered a problem…
rsp

Since the first 64-bit versions of cubase & nuendo i hated the very “steinberg” solution to keep the two worlds in strictly seperate folders. This is - of course - very save, but also very annoying for the users.

During the last 6 month now i use a “hardlink” (thanks windows 7 and ntfs) from C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5 to …\Nuendo 5_64 and everything works fine!
I haven’t found any problems so far. Nuendo 32 + 64 both recognise the right plugin versions and every configuration changes (keys, prefs etc.) are valid in BOTH versions.

I don’t know why Steinberg makes no effort to clear this situation, because during this days of changeover from 32-bit to 64-bit world the “official” solution is very annoying.