Moving presets to new computer, how?

I am about to change computer. I have a huge amount of important presets I absolutely must have. By presets i mean the strips from inserts and all my instrumentpresets that is shown only in Cubase. Where are they? Cant find them? I need to copy them to my new setup. Any kind soul who knows how to go about it? I am in cubase 6 and W7.

Here are two articles you may find useful: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[keyword_search]=Settings and https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/vst3-presets-location-changed/kb_back/2020.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1[product]=160

If you are on a PC, you can back up all your settings in two easy steps:

1. Back up the following folders: Cubase 6, Cubase 6_64, Track Presets, MIDI Loops, Pattern Banks that are in “C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg”

2. Back up your VST3 Presets folder that is in “C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents”

I already did that, thanx. But my biggest problem is the insertpresets. I found something called “InsertsFolderPresets.pxml” in Cubase Application Data Folder/presets/InsertsFolderPresets.pxml. Could that be it? :confused:

RTFM → “Customizing”-> “Where are the settings stored ?” which will then lead you there

Yes, that’s the file.

Thanx :wink:

@thinkingcap, why do you think i ask here? I already RTFM, hey!

@Mr. Zorro, why do you think I tell you to RTFM…? Honestly, of course because I think you did not, (or not thorroughly enough), otherwise you could have found the link I looked up and posted on your own…

@thinkingcap
Is it against some kind of “law” to ask questions in this forum, or what?

No, just as much or as little, as it is not against some kind of “law” to refer someone to the source in the manual, where the info can be found or provide him with external links…

It took me a long time to figure out how to move everything to a new computer, all the same! Map of entrances and exits, equalizations and all the rest. My tests were restricted to Nuendo 4.3 and the path is C: \ Users \ UserName \ AppData \ Roaming \ Steinberg \ Nuendo 4

Just copy this entire folder to the same path within the new computer’s AppData that all your presets will be there. I have not tested it yet when updating the software version but I believe it will work normally. Hope this helps. Welder Costa - www.misterdrums.net