Moving the HALion SE 3 library to an external drive on Mac

Hi,

Since I installed Dorico Pro 2, I’m trying to make it see the HALion SE 3 library that I moved to an external drive. I prefer not to have my sound libraries in the internal drive, both for the huge space they require, and to let the system work faster.

HALion SE 3 comes without a Library Manager. So, I tried to move the library on the external drive, and create an alias at its place inside the Mac’s Library. To do this, I followed the instructions found on

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/halionone-overview.html

and

Here is what happens on my Mac:

• I moved the HALion > VST Sound content to the external drive.
  • Created an alias to this folder in /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/, to let HALion SE 3 jump to the referenced external drive.

When I load a preset with the drop-down menu in the top-left part of the HALion window, I see the progress bar showing something is being loaded. But then it doesn’t play by using the HALion virtual keyboard, or the physical keyboard. The number next to the channel light up when pressing a note.

So: maybe the sample content is indeed loaded, but something prevents it to sound? If I switch to Kontakt 5 as the player, I can hear the same piece very well. With HALion SE 3, I get the message “Some audio files are missing”, and it doesn’t play.

I also tried to create a symbolic link via the ln -s command in the Terminal, but the system says that access is denied, without even asking me a password. Maybe this is because the Library is a reserved and protected directory.

Does anybody has an idea of how to solve this issue? Thank you!

Paolo