Moving to a Mac

Where can I get the Halion 4 installer for the Mac. When I bought the software I was on PC and only downloaded the PC version which was an update from the Halion Sonic Full version. Im now trying to migrate my software to the Mac…

I have the Halion 4 key OK on the dongle so I just need the full installer for Mac.

Cheers
David Wyatt

Login “Your account” in Steinberg shop (*):
https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/pages/rnfaq/ml=EN

I’m not sure but I think your downloads remain in your shop account at least one year.

I hope that helps

(*) Note “My Steinberg” account info (login and password) usually is different of “Your account” in Steinberg shop

I tried that but there were no files other than my recent upgrade of Wavelab. I would have thought Steinberg would have hit this problem before for other users switching from PC to Mac environments.

You would have thought that it should be possible to retrieve your online software purchases permanently given this appears to be the way things are going. The new iMac for example doesn’t even have a DVD drive so the process to re-load your software archive requires a bit of pre planning. Im doing it across my home network sharing my PC DVD drive.

For me Halion 4 was the first online software purchase where I never had a DVD and I hadn’t envisaged switching to a Mac at that stage.

How do I pitch this question to the Steinberg support them?

Cheers
David

Hi,

If you log-into your MySteinberg account, you then click on support, you will see a Downloads option, click it, and you will be able to download any Steinberg Product, or any updates you might need. (you will see product selector boxes to select what software you want to download/update).

See Pic below showing the download for the latest version of Halion 4, hope this helps you move forward. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Muziksculp

that’s the update only , it even says "updates an installed version 4 to … "

Yes, you are correct, it is just an update link for Halion 4.

This is kind of strange, since they have full product downloads when I select Cubase 7, or Wavelab 8 in MySteinberg (not just updates).

Maybe contacting Steinberg Tech. Support is a good idea. to find out why there is no Full Download for Halion 4 .

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Hi,

OK. I think figured out why.

Since Halion 4 is not possible to purchase as a download product. (you can check this if you go to the Steinberg Store), the download button is dimmed, so, can not choose the download as an option, when you buy Halion 4,

Halion 4 is only offered as a boxed product, hence you need to install it from the enclosed physical discs that come in the Halion 4 box. You can then update it via MySteinberg.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

all data including the sample libraries for halion 4 IF it was possible to download would be 12gb uncompressed , it depends on how much “jzip” or “7zip” compress it down , you can see why it’s not downloadable really :wink:

Thanks all.

I have contacted Steinberg Support and they have provided me with download links to 2 ISO disk image files which will fix my problem. File sizes were not mentioned but given the first image file will take about 1.5 hours to download and my download speed is not too bad I guess these may be around the 12GB as suggested in G-string’s post.

I assume this download solution would be available to other customers on request through the support request process.

Note to self … plan ahead for all eventualities on future purchases.

Cheers
David

Hi David,

I’m glad Steinberg is taking care of this.

Cheers & All The Best,
Muziksculp