Moving VSTsounds Folders Win 7

I like to keep my OS lean and mean with only the OS and programs on the first partition … and stream any audio from different drives.

I see when I installed C6 I now have some 6 GB of VSTsounds clogging up my OS partition in the Users>Me>AppData>Roaming>Steinberg>Content folder.

I’d like to move these to my streaming disk. Can do or no can do? Tips?

Thanks.

Como

Nobody?

Sorry to bump myself … but this is disappearing to the back pages.

Como

Try it. Make sure to check the correct folders in Mediabay so that folder is scanned. Once done you may need to right click on the plug’s GUI and Locate Contents, pointing to the new location. If it doesn’t work, move it back.

Another approach would be to re-install the content and see if it lets you choose the location.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I wasn’t clear on what you meant by check the correct folders in media bay. Got a manual page # or a little more info?

Thanks.

Como

In Mediabay, in the file structure, you need to check all the folders you want MB to scan. When you move the content to the new location, make sure to check the box next to the new folder in the tree.

Copy, that. TY

Como

Well, I got the paths working … but not sure about media bay yet … even though I pointed it and said it scanned. When I loaded an audio file that it said was there … ‘played’ and I could see the wav image … but no sound.

Como