MR816 and Cubase 7???

Would like to know if any functionallity has been gained or lost between C6.5 and C7 when used with multiple MR816CSXs… Mods?

Answer is here: http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Cubase/Generation_7/Cubase_7/PDF/Comparison_Chart_C7_CA7.pdf

Oooops… not so fast… :cry:

I appreciate the candor, but if changing buffer size makes C7 lock up while using my MRs, then I can’t really use it…
Hope the fix comes soon

I have confidence Steinberg will have a fix for the issues between C7 and their own hardware. There is nothing worse for a company than compatibility problems across their own products. It doesn’t look good in the eyes of the customer. From the list of issues in that article from the Knowledge Base, I don’t think there is anything there that could be a permanent problem… or at least we hope, because I’m really looking forward to introducing my MR816 to C7. Good vibes sent to the Steinberg labs to make it happen!

I hope you are correct. But I’m still furious about the whole direct monitoring failure with multiple units issue. They promised they would fix it. Then, years later, they admitted they couldn’t. So while I hope they get this working - and I’m frankly amazed that they didn’t get their own hardware drivers working pre-release - nothing would surprise me… :cry:

I don’t understand, what you all have with the direct monitoring !? Using 3 units already, I don’t need it at all, because they can be driven at very low latency (+/- 8 ms), so you don’t hear anything of Latency…

Glad for you that you don’t need it. But I am (among other things) a percussionist and can very easily hear 8ms latency. It screws up the feel of a piece of music. I’m clearly not alone as many others dumped their 816s when this became an issue. I will as well when I can. But the issue is that they were advertised as having the feature and they didn’t. That’s just not cool.

But letting out your aggressions here will not lead into any result…

And concerning latency for drummers, theres so many easy ways, to get around the problem… All you need is a simple headphone amp and a microphone… Just be a bit creative and don’t try to go the easy way…

I understand, that the advertising for this interface was a bit misleading, but it turned out very quick, that direct monitoring is not available among more than one interface. Anyway, people kept on buying it, some of them even only to complain about after…