Hi all, I’ve read as many posts as I could find on the subject but I still have no solution.
Yesterday the fire-wire cable behind the MR816 came loose while playing audio, the computer semi-crashed and the audio cut out. Since then I am having trouble getting the MR816 operational again.
- ‘failed to initialize’ on startup
- MR updater says ‘Searching for FW device’
- Mac system profiler shows FW port and sees the MR816, however the Audio-MIDI utility does not
- MR editor says ‘no device found’
- Uninstalling and re-installing drivers multiple times
- Resetting SMC and PRAM on the Macbook Pro
- Resetting the MR816 (holding pad+vol1 on startup)
- Restarted everything multiple times
- Connecting cable to the 2nd FW port
- I even wiped the hard-drive and did a clean install of Mac OS to no avail
I am running Yosemite but had the same problem on El Capitan.
The next step is to buy another FW cable (FW 400 -> FW 800)
Am I missing something here? Could the cable be the problem considering it is being recognized in the system profiler?