MR816 WORLD CLOCK OUT

I have an mr816 and i want to use it with a Presonus Digimax FS.

i want to know do you have to tell the mr816 to send a signal out the coax connectors or does it allways send a signal out.

i have the cables and i thought it would be a more reliable way of syncing rather than through adat.

In the MR Console, leave the WORD CLOCK MASTER to MR816X and the CLOCK SOURCE to INTERNAL

On the DIGIMAX FS,

"EXT Clock. The external clock switch allows the DigiMax FS to choose an external source for clocking. To switch between ADAT and BNC sync, simply engage the switch again. The switch will light RED for ADAT sync and BLUE for BNC sync. When in either mode, the DigiMax FS will automatically recognize which sampling rate is required for optimum synchronization.

I got a BNC cable from RadioShack, works fine. I always go BNC for clock when available

what about with a rme adi-2? I got running coaxial and pdif wires because I didn’t know which one would work so I brought both and hooked them both up

You can sync WORDLOCK using:

1. BNC cable and a WordClock connection.
  2. ADAT cable and setting it to transmit WordClock via ADAT or lightpipe.
  3. SPDIF using RCA cables
  4. ADAT cable and using a TOSLINK type sync which is basically a stereo signal on an ADAT cable, not all boxes have this available. Most have a dedicated WordClock port, ADAT or SPDIF connection

**Always use the dedicated WordClock connection if the things your clocking together have it.

Thank you.

No problem :mrgreen:

You can sync WORDLOCK using:

1. BNC cable and a WordClock connection.
  2. ADAT cable and setting it to transmit WordClock via ADAT or lightpipe.
  3. SPDIF using RCA cables
  4. ADAT cable and using a TOSLINK type sync which is basically a stereo signal on an ADAT cable, not all boxes have this available. Most have a dedicated WordClock port, ADAT or SPDIF connection

**Always use the dedicated WordClock connection if the things your clocking together have it.

Thanks dude. I still don’t really know if its working because If i change the MR816x to to adat 88.2 it blinks the whole time but if I leave it internal everything is solid. I got it hooked up threw adat cables (mr816x to adi2) and spdif cables (mr816x to adi2) and still really nothing. I think I’m just going to sell it because it seems to not be working and im getting tired trying to get it to work lol